This article will guide you on your first steps with sklera.
To access the sklera backend you can go to https://my.sklera.tv and use your email address and password chosen during demo sign up. To get your own content onto your displays you just need to follow three simple steps:
- Upload your content to your library.
- Create a playlist for your content and assign your playlist to a display group. And last but not least
- pair your screen(s) with sklera
Below we will get into the details involved in each step.
If you are in a hurry, just go to your backend system and play around - 'digital signage made easy' is not simply a good marketing claim, for us it is – and always will be – our main principle during development!
1. Library – Upload your content
After logging in you will be presented with your content library. From this screen you can upload new media by using our file uploaded. You can find the uploader at the top right of your screen, labeled "Add file".
We support the upload of a variety of media files: images, videos, pdf documents among them. Please refer to the file uploader which formats are currently supported.
In order to get you started we have included a few sample files.
2. Playlists – Manage your content
Next, arrange your files in a new playlist.
To do so, go to the Playlist Manager and create a new playlist – or edit an existing one.
By clicking on the playlists name you can view its current content, and add or edit Spots.
You can reorder the spots in your playlist at any time by simply dragging and dropping them to the desired position.
Finally, to have your content displayed on your screens go to the Screens page and add your newly created playlist to a display group. You can do so by clicking the small gear icon on the right side of the display group name.
3. Screens – pair your screen(s) to sklera
Once your content is ready you will need to pair your displays with our system. Go to the Displays page and click on the 'add screen' button found in the top right. The system will now ask you for a pairing code and to choose a name to identify the display going forward.
Connecting your display or device depends on the hardware available. sklera supports a wide range of devices:
- Samsung SSSP Signage displays – more info in a separate article
- LG webOS Signage displays – more info in a separate article
- Android based tablets or smartphones (via the sklera app found in Google's Play Store – search for 'sklera')
- Amazon FireOS based devices such as the popular Fire TV or Fire TV stick (search for 'sklera' in the Amazon Appstore)
- Any display with an external player box like Chromebox or a Desktop (Mini) PC
If you don't have suitable hardware available yet, you can test sklera and your playlists using your browser. To do so, open a new browser tab or window and navigate to https://start.sklera.tv. This will provide you with a virtual display which shows a pairing code.
Use this pairing code to connect the virtual screen to sklera as described above. The virtual display will immedieatly start to play any assigned playlists.
Hint: To ensure proper display of your content, view start.sklera.tv in the browsers' fullscreen mode accessible by pressing F11.