sklera supports all webOS Signage Display versions, such as the following screens:
- LS55A series (webOS 1.0)
- SM5B (webOS 2.0)
- 22SM3B (webOS 2.0)
- SM5C series (webOS 3.0)
- SM5D series (webOS 3.2 *)
- SM5E series
*Warning :Firmware versions 04.00.60 and 04.00.90 may have problems with the playback of videos. Please use versions 03.01.90 or 04.01.60 or newer. Please contact us if you require assistance when updating.
To connect a LG webOS Display with sklera simply follow the below steps:
webOS 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 Displays
- Connect and power on the Device
- Check network settings and internet connection.
- Open the Signage menu by holding the Settings button until you see a small popup in the top right corner.
- Enter the key combination 8+0+8+0+OK .
- In the Signage menu, select 'remote' as the Application Launch mode.
- Enable the 'Fully Qualified Domain Name' setting.
- Add our player URL in the corresponding input field: http://start.sklera.tv
- Reboot the device.
- After a brief loading time the device should display the pairing code.
2) webOS 3.2 Displays:
- Power on and select Quick Start.
- Select language and Screen orientation.
- If required, configure WiFi settings.
- Synchronize date and time automatically.
- Open SI Server setting menu under EZ settings.
WARNING: Do NOT use 'Play via URL' here. This will prevent the offline capability of the screen and is not supported by sklera.
Select 'remote' for the Application Launch Mode. Enable 'Fully Qualified domain Name'. Enter our player URL into the dialog field: https://start.sklera.tv
If active, deactivate the 'Auto Set' option.
Reboot the device now.
After a brief load time the device should display the pairing code.
Troubleshooting: In case you mistakeningly configured the display with 'Play via URL' :
Deactivate the URL loader found at 'Play via URL' in the Ez Settings. Afterwards, configure the display according to the steps above and reboot the device. You should see a pairing code after that.
In case the display had already been paired with the sklera CMS:
Go to the Screens page and edit the corresponding screen. In the general settings you'll find the option to 'Replace Screen' (user role 'manager' or higher required). Click on the link and enter the new pairing code to activate the Screen again. All settings you have made will be carried over.