We provide you with a custom Linux image. What you need:
- A Raspberry Pi 4 with minimum 2GB RAM
- An appropriately sized SD card (A minimum of 8GB recommended)
- And SD card reader for Laptop or PC
- Strongly recommended: pimoroni Raspberry Pi Fan Shim (Driver is part of the image) or another active cooling fan
- Raspberry Pi Imager
Note:We recommend using a Raspberry Pi with singular Full HD displays and Full HD content only.
Raspberry Pi 3
The image provided by us is functional on the Raspberry Pi 3, however we do not support usage of this device. Due to the weaker performance of the hardware, performance problems (such as display lag or low framerate) is likely.
- Download our image for the Raspberry Pi 4: image_2022-03-10-sklera-pi-player-full.zip
- Connect your SD card reader to your Laptop or PC and insert the SD card.
- Install and launch the Raspberry Pi Imager.
- Select 'Use Custom':
- Select the downloaded image file and the SD card you want to flash:
- Click 'write' and wait until the process is complete.
- Insert the SD card into your Raspberry Pi and turn the device on. Done!
After the first bootup the sklera player software launches with its configuration wizard to allow you configuration of country, language and WiFi connection. Once you finish it, the player automatically starts.
Note: the default user and password of this image is sklera / sklera314 and SSH access is enabled by default