sklera supports Samsung Tizen Displays (SSSP 4.0 onwards) starting with sklera version 3.5.1.
The look of menus may vary between different versions of firmware.
The setup of older Samsung displays (up until SSSP 3.0) is described in the Samsung SSSP Display Knowledgebase article.
Hint: for greater ease of use and installation you can plug in an USB keyboard to the display.
Hint: To reset a display to factory settings, power it off and subsequently power it on by holding the MUTE + 1 + 8 + 2 + POWERON buttons simultaneously. Navigate to the maintenance menu and select Factory Reset. After confirming and rebooting you will be presented with the First-time installation assistant.
Installation requires the following steps:
- Connect the display to its power supply (and, if applicable, to a ethernet cable)
- Select language
- Select "Basic Setup" installation type
- Select correct orientation for the display
- Deactivate automatic shutdown – this will be managed by sklera.
- If you are connecting the display via WiFi, enter WiFi settings as the next step.
- Select player type "URL start program". And enter the URL (only lowercase - e.g.: https://sklera.tv)
- Enter URL (use only lowercase characters). e.g. https://sklera.tv
- Skip the setup of RM server.
- Set date and time, or if applicable enable and configure Network Time Protocol under Sytem>Time>NTP settings
- Under power settings, disable power saving.
After pressing the HOME button on your remote control you can pick 'URL Startprogramm'. There you can verify the URL. You can also launch the sklera Web app there.
The device is now configured for usage with sklera.